Saturday, July 16, 2011

Anchorage - July 15

The flowers in Anchorage are the most beautiful you have ever seen, geraniums, petunias, etc.  They are all the flowers you can grow in Texas for a week or two before they give way to the heat.

I kept myself entertained in the house on Friday until about noon when I went to go have lunch with Sarah.  I met the radiologist that she works with.  Very nice, flerty men that keep Sarah on her toes.  One doctor said, "Don't get any big ideas and take her back to Texas, we like having her here."  That doctor had been stationed in San Antonio.  I told him about the weather and that it was blistering hot south of San Antonio. As I was leaving, a girl asked me where I was from and I said Pleasanton.  Turns out the young doctor girl is Keith Shearer's daughter, Kayla.  Keith Shearer played the piano at our wedding and owns Kalidascoops in Pleasanton.  Small world.
After lunch, I had the GPS guide me through Anchorage to various stores.

After Sarah and Lucas got off, we went to Eagle River to take pictures.  Sarah and Lucas have been together for 10 years this year and the pictures were to commemorate the occasion.  Eagle River Nature Center was beautiful and FULL of mosquitos.  Those pictures are definitely going to have to be touched up.  The mountains were beautiful.  The most amazing scenery I have ever seen.


The photographer suggested Haute Quarter Grill for dinner and it was sooooo good.  Between the three of us, we had all three house specials.  Sarah had salmon, Lucas had prime rib and I had the filet with Yes those are figs.

No comments:

Post a Comment