Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Alaska - July 12 & 13

Byrom dropped me off at the airport and was able to stay with me while I got bags checked, etc and what a relief that was.  I traveled all the time, but for some reason, I was a wreck about this flight(s).  Crazy.
Each flight left on time.  I flew by an 82 year old Italian woman that was visiting a daughter in San Antonio and then flying to her new home in Oceanside California.  What a blessing God sent to me in that 82 year old woman.  She told me I had a beautiful smile and was a gift to her from God.  She watched me smock from San Antonio to Salt Lake.  She was a character.  Her mother died when she was 13.  She had 2 beautiful daughters, a stingy son-in-law and a spoiled grandchildren.  I stayed with her until she got to her gate in Salt Lake to make the trek to San Diego.  We walked through the airport together and she offered me food countless times.  She said that she was not stingy like her San Antonio son-in-law that had her pay for every meal as she was visiting.  After I had turned down at least 2 offers to eat, she told me that she was a millionaire.  I called her daughter at the gate in Salt Lake to confirm that she was not to fly directly to Oceanside.  This was very confusing for her.  Anywho, wish I had gotten her name and contact information, she was a joy.
The leg from Salt Lake to Anchorage was the worst flight I have ever had.  Kids everywhere and the one sitting behind me was a lap child that kicked my seat and screamed the whole way.  At the 3 hour mark, I almost committed a crime.  I walked back to the galley and the flight attendant (since 74) talked me down.
As I was navigating through the airport and recognizing places, I turned the "Polar Bear" corner and who do I see buy my curly hair Sarah.  What a sight.  She stayed with me as I got my bags and then it was time to greet Lucas.  What a night.  So happy to be here.  Got to bed about 5:00 Texas time.
Now I am thinking of all the things that I want to tell Byrom and mom so that they have the best trip possible.
Eating with Sarah today at the hospital and maybe some sight seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment