Sunday, August 19, 2012

Wonder what the poor folks are doing?

Robin always says this when we are having the most fun, "Wonder what the poor folks are doing"  It always makes me laugh so hard.  
Rusty and Jennifer Woodland let us use their river house this weekend (August 19, 2012).  
As we drove into Rusty and Jennifer's river house in Utopia, I noticed the temperature, see below.  There was an axis deer in the yard to greet us.   
The next day, Byrom put up the flags and we had a full breakfast.  We payed games and got ready to go to the Frio River.  There is no t.v. and I believe they just recently got a phone.  We were really roughing it.  


I can't think of the name of this game, but it is the one with marbles and you win by only having one marble left . . . 



Between my turn at cards and Yautze, I finished Presley's toe blossoms.  I never would have gotten this done at home.  


The river trip on Saturday was great.  Miranda jumped off every rope swing and off a 25' cliff.  We only had to wait 45 minutes for her to get her courage up to do it.  
It rained several inches on Saturday night and the Sunday float was even better.  The Frio was really flowing.  
Thanks Rusty and Jennifer, we had an awesome time.  


No comments:

Post a Comment